5/04/2006

Preparations for a plant sale

IMG_0665

Plant sale

Plant sale-2

Browsing the CA natives...

A Douglas Iris

Iris douglasiana

Salvia apiana. Smells like liverwurst.

Salvia apiana

Salvia spathacea. Smells fantastic! Hummingbirds love this plant.

Salvia spathacea

Another one the hummingbirds love--Mimulus gutatus, commonly called "Seep Monkeyflower". Kind of weedy-looking for me, but a nice flower.

Mimulus gutatus,

Coreposis gigantea. Usually considered "a weird-looking plant". I have two of them. The one in a container is doing much better than the one in the ground.

Coreopsis gigantea, 'Giant Sea Dahlia'

Ceanothus 'Julia Phelps'. One of my favorite ceanothus. This isn't a very good photograph of it tho'.

Ceanothus 'Joyce Coulter'

Ceanothus 'Centennial' is not a favorite, but I like the picture.

Ceanothus 'Centennial'

Moving on from natives...

The rock garden succulents are fetching.

for a rock garden

for the rock garden

Rock sale

Rock garden

I love succulents in general.

IMG_0650

IMG_0647

Succulents

Succulents

Succulents

Wisteria... I plant I enjoy in other people's gardens.

Wisteria

Protea (Leucospermum, more correctly). I'm ready for the debut of dwarf varieties. Why hasn't that been done yet?

Protea

Yellow protea

More tomorrow...