7/04/2006

A short walk in San Francisco's second largest public park, John McLaren Park (317 acres, compare to Golden Gate Park at 1,013 acres, and NYC's Central Park at 843). I can see it from my house, but I've never been there before today.

Not much to take pictures of this time of year... it all looks like this.

IMG_1090

I live in the neighborhood on that hill in the distance.

IMG_1092

Zooming...

IMG_1093

Further on, a vista opens on Holly Park which is a few blocks from my home.

IMG_1098

Zooming...

IMG_1099

I'm impressed with my camera's zoom.

Ah, I see the Jerry Garcia Amphitheater is that way.

IMG_1100

The plant behind the sign is Gunnera. It's deciduous, and those 4-6' wide (or larger) leaves grow new every year. It's a very thirsty plant.

Last weekend's jaunt here.

No comments: