12/27/2006

Bernal Heights, San Francisco. December 27, 2006.

San Francisco's best neighborhood, if I do say so myself.

IMG_6481

"Stop, and prune me."

IMG_6454

"And me too!" It must be hard to enjoy your Eriobotrya deflexa when it's about to smash through your living room window. I can't quite imagine what must go on in people's minds to let these trees go on like this.

Over the years, I've had a lot of nasty things to say about geraniums (yes, Pelargonium). I take it all back, starting several months ago. I like them now.

IMG_6452 IMG_6463

This sunflower (?) is cute.

IMG_6458

IMG_6459

Does your video store quote Thoreau? Mine does. Nyah, nyah!

IMG_6455

People, please do not plant Dietes unless you intend to divide it once in awhile. Please!

IMG_6488

If I owned this particular million dollar house, I would get that dead tree gone so fast. It's been there for a long time.

IMG_6491

These people have a nice, rugged Mediterranean garden...on public land I believe. (And when I say Mediterranean, I mean Mediterranean climate. Please don't tell me these aren't necessarily Mediterranean plants. I got that.)

IMG_6489

IMG_6499

Aloes blooming everywhere.

IMG_6525

A particularly floriferous Fremontodendron.

IMG_6533

It's in bloom whenever I walk by, all year long.

Cute little puppy, barking at me furiously. Aww!

IMG_6501

No comments: