12/03/2006

"Tim Wood is a Modern Day Plant Hunter and horticulturist. He travels the globe to find new and interesting plants with unique garden potential. In his blog, learn about new and interesting garden plants as Tim shares his unique insight as to why each is speical and worth growing."
No matter where I’ve traveled, I have always eaten what my host has offered and I was always appreciative. In Mexico, I discovered that my host spent a week away from his family doing odd jobs just so he could buy the meat for our meal. While in Japan, a group of local nurserymen dug deep in their pockets to take us to one of the best and most expensive restaurants in Tokyo. In Korea, grower after grower bought the same expensive meal despite that fact that the price could have feed their families for a week. What message would I have sent to these people if I had refused their gift of a meal?

Via.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chuck, what degree is this in furtherance of? It reminds me of a friend getting her landscape design degree at Geo. Wash Univ. in D.C., to whom I'm forwarding this fascinating post. Thanks!