I enjoyed reading seven random things about Carol (via Colleen), so...
1) I've decided to take the morning off work on July 11 to catch the first screening of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on the IMAX screen downtown. (I'm not telling anyone about this but you.)
2) One of my most favorite things in the world is the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk on Monday and Tuesday nights during the summer when all the rides are only $.75 (in college it was $.50). I pig out on corn dogs and lemonade and ride the Giant Dipper over and over (last car only!), along with the log ride and Rock-O-Plane which is one of these things, but I refuse to get on a ferris wheel because ferris wheels terrify me. I make my friends play several games of air hockey with me (I am extremely competitive) and take silly pictures in the photo booth. My favorite $.50 night in college also featured a free concert on the beach by Sister Sledge. (Added: the Boardwalk turns 100.)
3) On vacation, I like to re-read my favorite short novels. They include The Crying of Lot 49, Down and Out in Paris and London, The Great Gatsby, The Sheltering Sky, Demian, A Feast of Snakes, and a random book I found in the cutout bin several years ago called The Man Upstairs by someone named T.L. Parkinson.
4) My favorite artist is Henri Rousseau. When I was a romantic (pretentious slacker weenie) college drop-out, I used to spend whole days alone in my Tenderloin studio apartment making paintings in his style.
5) I failed algebra in the 8th grade because I had a huuuge crush on the teacher and couldn't concentrate on the lecture if you know what I mean and I think you do--wink, wink. After getting over him, I enjoyed math ever since and sometimes regret that I didn't major in it in college.
6) I enjoy baseball, but not football or basketball. I might like hockey, but I doubt I'd like soccer. I've always wanted to go to horse races, but I have no interest whatsoever in car races or Nascar. I don't care for golf, but I'll tag along if I can drive the cart. I ran track in high school, but didn't enjoy it. I would eagerly go to a shooting range and try shooting targets if anyone ever invites me.
7) We like to eat breakfast for dinner and do that every couple of weeks. Scrambled eggs, toast, sausage, and refried beans with salsa and melted cheese. (But no coffee at dinnertime.)
I'm not really the sort of person to tag people, but if I was I might tag Lisa, Alex and JVA, among others...