9/01/2007

A long walk, Part III

It's "Last Acanthus Standing!"

IMG_6040

Coprosma repens (Rubiaceae). Mirror Plant. "Popular with the Victorians." Distinguishable by the pinhole sized pores open along the midvein on the back of the leaf. And the leaves are shiny as mirrors.

IMG_6043

Color in San Francisco on September 1.

IMG_6044

IMG_6046

IMG_6048

IMG_6052

I can't decide which picture to use.

IMG_6050

I like this picture because it has a sign about Iraq in the window, and the house is built at a three-way fork in a road. I think I should go back and get a better composed picture of that--the sign, and the three-way fork.

IMG_6056

I don't have big feelings about Iraq. Acknowledging that, and thinking about what that acknowledgement means brings up a bunch of stuff going on in the back of my mind while I'm preparing this series of posts.

Link to Part II.
Link to Part IV.

No comments: