11/22/2005

Gardening at night.

That's what I'm reduced to with it being dark at 5 p.m. when I get home from work. I could garden in the morning before I go to work, but then what would I have to look forward to all day?

Tonight's observations:

The star flower bulbs I planted a month ago have sprouted. I didn't expect to see that for several months.

starflower sprouting

The tiarella seems to be going dormant. I wonder how long tiarella lives... I want mine to spread and form a carpet.

tiarella

The mimulus I planted in October looks better than it did when I bought it at the nursery. I expect a big show next spring.

mimulus in november

(Note to self: Re-stack that stone wall)

The Meyer lemons are finally ripening. It's been little green balls all year long. I see Lemon Drops dancing in my head.

lemons

almost there

My last garden post here.

No comments: