11/22/2005

I lived in the Mission for several years before I moved to Bernal Heights in 2003. Since then, I've rarely visited my old neighborhood. How nice the New York Times is keeping me up to date about the new restaurants.

This one sounds like fun to me:

Café Gratitude, 2400 Harrison Street at 20th, (415) 824-4652. Vegan dishes like I Am Worthy and I Am Wonderful may be cheap back-door tickets to knowing oneself, but some are top-notch examples of raw cuisine. Dinner for two with a large bottle of organic beer, $45.

The raw foods trend caught on big a few years ago, and then seemed to fizzle when its avatar local restaruants, Rawesome and Roxanne's Raw Foods, abruptly closed. Maybe that episode of Sex and the City did them in. I never had the chance to eat at Rawesome or Roxanne's. Now I have a second chance.

UPDATE: Looks like there might be two Cafés Gratitude. Hmmm... And a MetroBlogging commentor points out another place called Alive in a part of down I really never go to.

No comments: